Grand Opening of the Expanded Mayo Civic Center
Start Date:Thursday, May 4, 2017
End Date:Thursday, May 4, 2017
Celebrate the Grand Opening of the expanded Mayo Civic Center on May 4!
Celebrate the Mayo Civic Center’s major expansion and spectacular transformation on May 4 from 5:30 to 8:45 p.m. at a Grand Opening party that’s free and open to the public. The Grand Opening will feature guided tours, complimentary refreshments, entertainment, fireworks, kids’ activities and more.
The public is invited to attend any or all of the scheduled events, including:
5:30 – 6:00 p.m. Welcome & ribbon cutting in the new ballroom.
6:00 – 8:45 p.m. Live music by local musician Annie Mack.
6:00 – dusk Open house entertainment & free food stations. (Wine, beer, and soda will be available for purchase.)
Dusk – Fireworks display.
Throughout the event, attendees will be invited to:
• Join guided tours to view the center’s exceptional venues and discover the center’s capabilities.
• Participate in a lively, interactive scavenger hunt throughout the building.
• Pose for a complimentary photo booth session.
• View a video showing the highlights of the center’s two-year construction project.
• Interact with costumed performers from the Rochester Civic Theatre.
• Participate in a community art project sponsored by the Rochester Art Center.
The Grand Opening’s first 500 attendees will receive a free water bottle.
Construction on the Mayo Civic Center expansion began in March, 2015. The expansion will be substantially completed and its new venues opened in April, 2017. The expanded Mayo Civic Center features:
• Minnesota’s largest ballroom, with seating capacity of more than 4,000 theatre-style or 2,000 banquet-style.
• The capacity to accommodate two 1,000-attendee events simultaneously.
• Stunning pre-function areas with views of the Zumbro River and downtown Rochester.
• More than 200,000 square feet of flexible meeting and exhibit space.
• A brand-new banquet production kitchen.
• The new Riverfront Plaza, which can serve as a multi-use gathering area or outdoor reception venue.
• Venues designed to accommodate sophisticated production, AV, and wireless service needs.
• A new interactive public art sculpture by Po Shu Wang that will be located outside on the southern side of the center and is expected to be installed in May.
• Coming soon - newly renovated and acoustically enhanced Presentation Hall.
Please visit the newly-expanded, beautifully-modernized Mayo Civic Center on May 4 for the Grand Opening celebration. Everyone is welcome!